We recently asked our Grown and Flown Parents what was the ONE thing they sent their kids that they just loved and here are their favorite college care package ideas.
Grown and Flown College Care Package Ideas
1. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
2. If you still have time host a going away party with your child’s close friends. Have them write on a post card a message to each kid attending. While they are at the party take pictures to attach to the postcard. Mail a card each week.
4. Homemade round Challah for Rosh Hashanah
6. Gift cards
9. Color-coded M&M’s
11. Girl Scout cookies
13. Gummy vitamins
14. Spider-Man T-Shirt and some trading cards – my son’s been a Spider-Man fan since fourth grade.
15. Fresh pillowcase
16. Lego Tape to stick to the wall and a box of their old Legos
17. Holiday decorations
18. Amazon Prime Pantry box of favorite types of snacks around midterms first semester
19. Framed photos of summer trips
20. Pizza money at exam time (or extra money any time) is a great college care package idea.
21. Water bottle
23. Ear buds
24. I found a local bakery and had them deliver a dozen cupcakes of various flavors.
25. Fresh apples and other fall goodies from a local orchard near home
26. Silly Putty or water balloons at exam time
27. I sent my daughter a Homesick Candle and she could light it when she missed us (check to see if the dorm allows candles.)
29. Edible Arrangement – Every term the week before or during finals and a home-made coupon to go and buy a steak dinner for her and a friend.
30. Funny and corny greeting cards
31. Favorite hot sauce or seasoning
32. Pictures of the dog
33. Nerf guns
35. Heated shoulder wrap
36. Sports paraphernalia
37. Cookie cakes
39. Homemade mac and cheese
40. In December, I sent my son and his three roommates each their own little stocking with a Ziploc of homemade candy in it plus a yo-yo and some other cheap ones toys. (You need time to play during finals!) They LOVED it. They hung up the stockings in their living room and my son said everyone was using their yo-yo.
41. When snowfall is predicted: a sled!
42. Mini Rubik cube
43. Fidget spinner
44. Postcards that can be used as dorm decor
45. Granola or protein bars
46. Letters from siblings
I knew I hit the jackpot with my care package idea when I made her snap, with “goals”
Tell us, what other college care package ideas do you have? Email us at [email protected]