No matter how old our kids get, they love to open presents! One of the fun things about giving them a subscription box for Christmas is that they will get to experience that same thrill over and over. Subscription boxes are often affordable, customizable, and unique. And whatever your teens and young adults are into there’s probably one they will love.
Note: We are a reader-supported site and we receive affiliate commissions from purchases made through some of the links in this post.
Favorite subscription boxes
Finds for Fashion Lovers
Every parent of big kids knows that buying them clothes can be tricky. Just as when they were little, they have definite ideas about what they want to wear, but it’s not as easy to coax and bribe them into the darling outfits we pick out as it was when they were five.
Subscription boxes are a fun and easy way to let a fashion expert do your shopping for you. Most offer easy returns and a choice of price ranges. There are options for both men and women.
- You can’t go wrong with Stitch Fix, one of the most well-known and popular clothing subscription services.
- Like Stitch Fix, Prime Wardrobe by Amazon offers the services of a personal stylist, or you can choose items yourself.
- For those who enjoy a thrift store find (and who doesn’t?), Thred Up offers a monthly or quarterly Goody Box loaded with name brand fashions on the cheap.
- Trunk Club, Nordstrom’s personal styling service allows you to view your picks before they ship. If you have a Nordstorm store nearby, you can arrange alterations there.
- A Spreezabox is a fun and affordable way to help the young man in your life build his professional wardrobe. Each month subscribers choose from several fashion, lifestyle, and grooming packages and keep the entire box (valued around $100) for a flat monthly fee of under $30.
- Specializing in t-shirts featuring popular movies, t.v. shows, and video games, a Loot Tees subscription would be perfect for the pop culture lovers in your life.
- And for the athlete or fitness buff on your list, companies such as Fabletics and Gainzbox specialize in fitness wear.
Snack Attack Packs
Whether you want to be sure your kids have healthy snacks or fun treats, there’s a subscription box for nearly every kind of craving.
For your sweetie with a sweet tooth, check out Candy Club. Not your basic vending machine snacks, Candy Club partners with small artisans and well-known candy companies to fill each box with a variety of yummy candies.
If your sweets lover is more of a cookie monster, Mrs Fields offers a subscription box that delivers delicious baked treats with seasonal themes.
If you can’t decide between a treat pack or healthy snacks, get both with a Kind Bar subscription and save 15% on this popular go-to snack.
Universal Yums is a super fun and unique snack subscription that specializes in snacks from around the world. It also includes an “adventure guide” with trivia and recipes.
But if your teen or college student likes all the snacks–sweet, salty, and savory–the Cratejoy Munchie Case snack box is probably your best bet.
Boxes for Book Lovers
When it comes to book boxes, many come with something extra to enhance the entire reading experience.
- Owl Crate, specializing in middle grades and YA fiction, offers a theme-based box filled with bookish goodies related to each month’s novel. There’s also a handwritten letter from the author and a monthly magazine.
- Older or more sophisticated readers might enjoy a monthly or quarterly box from Coffee and a Classic. Each starter box features a work of classic literature, a bookmark, the reader’s choice of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, and other bookish goodies. The standard box feature also features a mug and a snack.
- In addition to a book and other fun items The Bookish Box subscription includes a book-themed t-shirt.
- And for anyone who really savors nights at home in with a good book Peace and Pages and Introverts Retreat offer book boxes which also include luxury bath products and aromatherapy items.
Beauty and Self-Care Boxes
Like the rest of us, teens and young adults can always use a little pampering.
- Both Ipsy and Birchbox offer monthly goodie bags or glam bags containing cosmetics and beauty products, but Birchbox even offers a subscription service that features grooming products for men.
- You can also sign your son up for The Dollar Shave Club or Harry’s for his manly grooming needs.
- When you sign up for a FabFitFun membership, you (ummmm, I mean your child) will get a seasonal box filled with 8-10 full-sized pampering products valued at over $200.
- For your daughter’s monthly feminine needs and more, consider a subscription to Bonjour Jolie, Kali, or Cratejoy’s My Petal Club (this one includes chocolate!).
Boxes for Thinker and Feelers
There are a variety of subscription boxes that will not only be a gift to your child but serve an important cause as well.
- With a subscription from True Classic, you will ensure the young man in your life has plenty of high quality, comfortable t-shirts, and you will be helping to provide housing for homeless veterans.
- A Say it With Socks subscription also helps provide for the needs of the homeless–including clean, warm socks.
- Offering quarterly and yearly boxes, a Cause Box subscription contains over $200 dollars worth of ethically sourced, fair trade items such as cosmetics, jewelry, and home decor pieces.
- Fair Trade Friday boxes feature similar items made by impoverished women, but FTF also offers a monthly earring box for 12.99 and a monthly bracelet box for 14.99.
Outside the Box Boxes
Finally, here are a few subscription boxes for the hard-to-buy-for kids on your list.
- For kids who love their phones (and don’t they all), Casely offers a monthly or seasonal phone case subscription that features a new and unique cell phone case in each box.
- For $14.95 a Scentbird subscription provides your son or daughter with a new fragrance of their choosing each month.
- For your artsy and crafty child, check out Sketchbox which provides both the supplies and the inspiration for creating amazing works of art. Also, look into these subscription boxes from Cratejoy--the Palleteful Packs, the Craftsmen Crate, and the Inky Box.
With so many types of subscription boxes to choose from, you’ll likely find at least one that would be perfect for each member of your family. And maybe even one for yourself too!
More Subscription Boxes are on Amazon – every price, every interest imaginable
More to Read: