The winter months are always a cozy time, but this year many of us are looking for ways to add even more warmth and comfort to our day-to-day lives. Whether you’re shopping for a birthday gift or simply trying to make the extra time at home with your family a little homier, here are some great products to keep you and the people you love snug all season.
Note: We are a reader-supported site and receive compensation from purchases made through some of the links in this post.
My family likes to snuggle as much as the next, but when it comes to movie nights, we have run out of furniture. That’s why I’ve decided to invest in a couple of bean bags. In the past, we’ve had some disappointing experiences with them, but this time I’ve done my research.
- The Chillsack is the number one rated bean bag by both The Spruce and The Strategist. This memory foam lounger comes in a variety of sizes, colors and even shapes and is reasonably priced.
- Lovesack, which also makes “Sactional” sofas, is the home of the ultimate cozy nest. But the price tag makes it a serious investment, so be sure having a giant beanbag in the middle of your family room is right for you.
- Finally, for a variety of fun fabrics and patterns, you can’t go wrong with a bean bag from Pottery Barn Teen.
Pajamas and Robes
- When I was a little girl, my mother gave me a new nightgown every year on Christmas Eve. I have continued that tradition with my daughters, only we all get new pjs on Thanksgiving. That way we are set for our holiday movie marathons. This year everyone is getting a pair of these super soft pajamas from Ekouaer. The tough part was deciding on a color.
- If I ever get the go-ahead from my guys to buy matching pajamas for the whole family, they will have to come from Hanna Andersson. They have the best holiday and family pajama sets!
- Technically not pajamas, these Tie Dye Joggers at Zulily are such a great price, I might have to get these for my girls too.
- Since they aren’t big fans of pajamas, the men in my life might be getting a pair of these Tommy John Second Skin joggers or this David Archy lounge set.
- If you’re looking for a robe for your son or husband, check out this Serious Sweats robe from Landsend or this Double Comfort Portaguese Flannel Robe from the Vermont Country Store.
- For girls this short robe and this long robe both get great reviews on Amazon, and both look super cozy.
- And if style is important to your daughter, even when she’s home all day in her pjs, check out these darling robes from Vera Bradley and Pottery Barn Teen.
- Pj Salvage also makes a great pajama set.
House Shoes and Slippers
To keep everyone’s feet cozy and warm, look no further.
- L.L. Bean makes these super cute scuffs for girls and these Wicked Good Slippers for guys.
- Known for making some of the best fitting socks on the market, Bombas also makes Gripper Slippers for ladies and men.
- And for style, comfort, and excellent foot support, take a look at these indoor/outdoor wool clogs in so many styles and colors.
- These Uggs are everyone’s favorite slipper, super comfortable and sturdy.
If cozy is what you’re after, here are three blankets that will not disappoint.
- The Everlasting Comfort blanket has over 2000 reviews on Amazon with nearly 90% giving a 4 or 5 star rating.
- The Koolaburra Aliza throw by Ugg is bound to be as comfortable as their boots.
- And for a weighted blanket, try this one which comes with a washable duvet.
- This chunky knit blanket is a bestseller, functional and great-looking.
- And if you want to wear your warmth this Wearable Throw from Soft Surroundings is so comfy.
Are you or someone you love chronically cold? Do you crave not only physical heat but the warmth that comes from being comfortable and content? If so, take a look at these awesome items that will no doubt help you stay happy and warm all winter.
- To me, there’s nothing cozier than sitting in front of a warm fire. Unfortunately, we don’t have a fireplace in every room of our house. That’s why I bought an electric fireplace. We love it! It adds a soft glow and a warm ambience to any room, and it really puts out heat. You’ll have to shop around to find the size and style that’s right for you. Depending on what you’re looking for, you can find one that is cute, small and inexpensive or splurge on something like this gorgeous one from Pottery Barn.
- Another great product for people who are always cold is a heated shawl. My daughter bought me one last year, and it is fabulous!
- And this Hug-me Cardi from Soft Surroundings is heavenly.
- Another option is a Happy Wraps Microwavable Herbal Neck Wrap – Hot Cold Aromatherapy Neck Warming Pillow. Amazing.
- To really pamper and warm yourself or someone you love, get these luscious cashmere bed socks or these comfy Nordic Knit Reading Socks.
- And once everyone is in their cozy jammies, sitting in front of a warm fire, and snuggled under comfy blankets, all you will need is some delicious hot chocolate. You could make your own or indulge in Christopher Elbow Drinking Chocolate or Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate. (Pro-tip: both are great in coffee too.) And here’s a great Electric Kettle to get that hot chocolate going.
- And if you want a mug that will keep you warm this Handwarmer mug will keep your hands warm as you sip away.
More Cozy Items We Love:
Of course when it comes to being snug and happy, the most important thing is being with the people you love. Still, it never hurts to have a few cozy indulgences too!