If your kids are now teens and college students, you might not miss the Valentines glitter and glue cascading down to the kitchen floor, but don’t you occasionally long for a day filled with whimsy and sweet affection? Sending one of these Valentines gifts for teens is a way to show your older kids that you still love them like crazy this February 14.
We receive small amounts of compensation from purchases made through some of the links in this post which helps us to pay our writers – thanks!
Valentines Gifts for Teens and College Kids:
1. Baked Goods If you are a baker, this is your day to shine. Your kids will forever remember all the love you poured into the brownies and cookies or cupcakes that emerge from the oven. You know your kids’ favorites, just make sure to double the batch so they can share with teammates, friends or roommates. Fit them snugly inside one of these lovely Cookie Tins and the packing becomes part of the gift. This is a classic Valentine’s Day gift for teens, one they will never outgrow.
2. Hot Chocolate on a Stick This Hot Chocolate on a Stick looks so delicious that we might order some for our kids AND some for us, too. Swirl them into hot milk for the perfect cold-weather drink!
3. Chocolates Valentines just isn’t Valentines without chocolate and we think these Chocolate Covered Strawberries look yummy.
4. Cookies By Design
Looking for an assortment of cookies and snacks to send to your college student in a quantity that makes it easy to share with a roommate and hallmates? Cookies by Design has a wide selection to choose from, including this ready-made Valentine’s care package.
5. Alumni Association Is your college student looking ahead a few short months toward graduation? One of the longest-lasting perks of being a college graduate is becoming a member of a college or university alumni association. Spring for the first year membership and let him begin to take advantage of privileges that can include discounts and travel, career support and networking.
6. Socks The sock monster is alive and well in all freshmen dorms so consider replenishing with these clever sock ideas: March Madness begins on March 17 with Selection Sunday, so send a pair of NCAA Crew Socks for your kids’ favorite basketball team.
Notes to Self sells socks with built-in messages of encouragement. We think these socks in this pretty heart-shaped box are the perfect Valentine’s gift for teens.
8. Kendra Scott Bracelet We think this bracelet is a perfect Valentine’s Day gift and something your daughter will be able to wear with dressy or casual outfits.
9. Spalding NBA Slam Jam Over-The-Door Mini Basketball Hoop A great diversion for teens and college kids, this over-the door-variety offers hours of mindless fun and will be a perfect warm up for March Madness, right around the corner!
10. Can You Imagine Air Power Soccer Hover Disk Big kids like toys and this one was a huge hit with our sons. It a combination hovercraft/soccer ball that moves like a hockey puck on ice. Best thing is that is comes with bumpers so walls should not get destroyed unless they games become too rowdy! (Like that never happens, right?)
11. Lovebox Spinning Heart Messenger Send heartfelt messages anywhere in the world with this kinetic, modern take on the classic love note. When you send a new message through the easy-to-use app, the chunky heart on the beechwood box spins to alert the recipient. Then, the object of your affection opens the box to read the sentiment on the mirrored screen inside. They can return the virtual embrace by spinning the heart to send a shower of digital hearts to the sender’s screen.
13. Crimson Heart Umbrella The perfect red, heart shaped umbrella for puddle jumping and downpour dancing.
14. Fitness Bottle with Phone Holding Sleeve This water bottle holder is awesome. Keep all of your things together, your phone, keys or anything else you need and stay hydrated.
15. 100 Movie Scratch Off For the movie-lovers among us, as you watch these classics, scratch off the title to reveal movie-related artwork.